What is Galaxy Empire?
What platform is Galaxy Empire available on?
Is Galaxy Empire coming to Android?
What different buildings can I build in Galaxy Empire?
How do Officers work?
What are Alliances?
What is Dark Matter?
How can I type emoticons in World Chat?
Galaxy Empire is in iPhone and iPad MMO wherein you build and expand your space empire. Galaxy Empire is a free game which is available in the App Store right here.
Galaxy Empire is currently available on iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. We’re working on an Android version.
Yes. We’re working on it and will announce when the Android version of Galaxy Empire is ready to go live.
There are 6 different buildings which you can construct in Galaxy Empire. They are:
- Metal Mine for collecting metal
- Solar Plant for collecting energy
- Crystal Mine for collecting crystal
- Robotics Facility for constructing robots
- Alliance Depot for managing Alliances
- Metal Storage for managing metal reserves
- Crystal Storage for managing crystal reserves
- Gas Storage for managing gas reserves
- Shipyard for constructing ships
- Research Lab for researching upgrades
- Fusion Reactor for collecting energy
At some point in time you might find yourself getting attacked by someone more powerful than you in Galaxy Empire. This is the time to either create or join an Alliance to defend yourselves or expand your empire. To join or create an Alliance, you must have the Alliance Depot. Once you have this, you can create or join an Alliance with just a few taps. If you’re the Alliance leader, you can send messages to all members to coordinate attacks and make plans. Another way to stay in touch with your Alliance is to use that Alliance chat. To access this area, just tap on Chat and then navigate to the Alliance chat using the button at the bottom.
How do Officers work?
At any time you can tap on the button at the top right of the screen to hire Officers to join your empire. There are five different Officers available:
- Technocrat: +2 technology, reduces tech research time by 25%
- Geologist: Increases resource production rate by 10%. Affects all resources types
- Admiral: Increases the maximum size of your fleet by 2 ships and reduces defense unit construction time by 10%
- Engineer: Reduces combat damage by 50%, adds 10% to nuclear power production
- Commander: Reduces building construction and upgrading time by 10%
As you begin to reach higher levels in Galaxy Empire, you’ll notice that upgrading buildings and training many soldiers at once begins to take a long time. Dark Matter can speed up or entirely eliminate this upgrade period and serve this purpose. If you’re under attack and can’t wait hours for soldiers to emerge, use gems to get them immediately.
You might occasionally see other players communicate in World Chat with emoticons and wonder how you can use these yourself. It’s quite simple, here’s how it works: you first must download the “emoji” app from the App Store. There are paid and free versions but the free version will work fine and achieve the same effect so we recommend grabbing that.
Once it’s installed you’ll have to reboot your device, and then you’ll be able to switch languages whenever you input text on your device (by tapping the globe icon) and switch to emoji. From there, simply tap on the emoji that you want to input and it’ll appear.
To switch back to ordinary text input, just press the globe icon and you can quickly jump back and forth between regular text input and emoticons. This doesn’t only work in Galaxy Empire, but in any iOS application that support emoticons.